Looking to hire 3rd Cooks Food Prep workers for a 2 and 2 rotation. Food Safety certification is required, as well as updated WHMIS. Comprehensive benefit packages are offered. Transportation is provided out of Thunder Bay; travel allowance is available for some areas that are further away. Successful candidates should have some experience in the remote or commercial industries. The Food Prep Worker prepares, and portions food items and performs various duties in accordance with production requirements and Aramark sanitation standards. Uses daily worksheets and standardized recipes to cook meals.
• Prepares all food items using prep lists and standard Aramark recipes.
• Follows proper food handling procedures.
• Maintains accurate rotation of food to assure top quality and freshness.
• Manages leftover foods correctly; cover, label, date, and accurately store according to Aramark standards.
• Maintains clean and orderly refrigerators and work areas.
• Ensures stations are cleaned, sanitized, and organized at the end of the shift (including cleaning of kitchen equipment).
• Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment that conforms to all food safety standards and regulations.
• Follows safety policies and accident reporting procedures.
• Completes all required training.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
• Minimum one-year prep work or food service-related work preferred.
• Knowledge of food prep, proper knife handling, temperature control, and sanitation is helpful.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate communication with others.
• Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
Physical demands including, but not limited to, minimum 10 hrs, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Geraldton, ON, CA, POT1M0
They would provide a travel allowance, as well as transportation from the deployment point (Thunder Bay).
Job #ID 11457
Job Type Contact Us