• Work safely and in a responsible manner, with keen participation and initiative.
• Demonstrate continuous growth through personal goal achievement.
• Comply with all company policies and regulations and local health and safety regulations
• Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
• Communicate to customer in polite and courteous manner
• Maintain standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, jobsites, and shop/yard areas
Efficiently Produce Work:
• Construct interlock driveways, walkways and patios. As well as interlock walls, installing fences, building decks etc.
• Dig ditches or trenches and perform land clearing activities
• Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete landscape construction projects
• Transport materials using shovels, wheelbarrows, carts, dollies, and hand lifting/carrying
• Operate various tools including: chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
• Coordinate with garden designer/landscape architect to ensure client’s expectations are met.
Key Success Behaviours, Skills and Requirements:
• Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
• Highly alert, and demonstrates problem solving skills
• Driven to improve efficiencies, with ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Pay close attention to detail, critical thinker and
• Structured in organization and time management, demonstrating initiative
• Effective communication skills (both verbal and written in English)
• Demonstrate basic math skills
• Follow instructions
• Perform work quickly and efficiently, demanding excellence in quality of work
• Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
• Desire to embrace and use technology
Minimum 2 years experience in the Landscape/construction industry
–> DZ License to operate dump truck
• Pay will be determined based on level of experience. Range for hourly wage is $16-$22.
• Strong knowledge of Landscaping management, maintenance, and design.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent stamina is required
• Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
• Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
• Flexible working hours; could include weekend work, long hours, and work outside of 7:30 A.M. to 5 P.M. time frame as required.
Job #ID 8345
Job Type Contact Us
Location North Bay