ob Opportunity # 500-117D-18
The Motor Coach Operator is responsible for operating a motor coach in a safe, efficient manner, providing superior customer service while adhering to scheduled service.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Operates coach in a safe manner, using defensive driving techniques; maintains schedule; and makes designated stops on assigned route.
- Perform chartered service throughout Canada and the U.S.
- Inspects and prepares assigned coach for operation by performing a pre-trip inspection, adjusting seat, mirrors and seat belts; testing kneeler and wheelchair lift; and equipping coach with needed supplies.
- Collects appropriate tickets through the operation of an electronic fare collection system.
- Complete accurate MTO Hour of Service Logs and adhere to MTO Hours of Service regulations.
- Inspects coach at the end of each shift for damage to the vehicle and lost articles; ensures all parcels were delivered; removes debris and other inappropriate items from the coach.
- Greets passengers in a friendly, courteous manner; provides information concerning routes, schedules and transfer points; assists passengers with the use of securement systems, ramps and lifts, and by other means as appropriate, including the announcement of arrival at major thoroughfares, facility and/or departure locations on a given route, using a microphone while operating the bus.
- Observes uniform regulations and/or other rules, policies and regulations as outlined by ONTC.
- Supervises the conduct of individuals accepted as passengers while riding the bus in accordance with ONTC policies and/or when present, at designated boarding and departure locations.
- Communicates with the Transportation Department concerning equipment, operational or passenger problems, or accidents by using a two-way radio and/or completing appropriate written reports.
- Completes accident or incident reports, on-the-job injury claims, surveys, and other required written materials in a timely manner.
- Must be punctual, reliable and maintain regular attendance in order to contribute individually to the efficient and effective delivery of transportation service to the general public.
Job #ID 7639
Job Type Contact Us
Location North Bay