The Motor Coach Operator is responsible for operating a motor coach in a safe, efficient manner, providing superior customer service while adhering to scheduled service.
• Operates coach in a safe manner, using defensive driving techniques; maintains schedule; and makes designated stops on assigned route.
• Perform chartered service throughout Canada and the U.S.
• Inspects and prepares assigned coach for operation by performing a pre-trip inspection, adjusting seat, mirrors and seat belts; testing kneeler and wheelchair lift; and equipping coach with needed supplies.
• Collects appropriate tickets through the operation of an electronic fare collection system.
• Complete accurate MTO Hour of Service Logs and adhere to MTO Hours of Service regulations.
• Inspects coach at the end of each shift for damage to the vehicle and lost articles; ensures all parcels were delivered; removes debris and other inappropriate items from the coach.
• Greets passengers in a friendly, courteous manner; provides information concerning routes, schedules and transfer points; assists passengers with the use of securement systems, ramps and lifts, and by other means as appropriate, including the announcement of arrival at major thoroughfares, facility and/or departure locations on a given route, using a microphone while operating the bus.
• Observes uniform regulations and/or other rules, policies and regulations as outlined by ONTC.
• Supervises the conduct of individuals accepted as passengers while riding the bus in accordance with ONTC policies and/or when present, at designated boarding and departure locations.
• Communicates with the Transportation Department concerning equipment, operational or passenger problems, or accidents by using a two-way radio and/or completing appropriate written reports.
• Completes accident or incident reports, on-the-job injury claims, surveys, and other required written materials in a timely manner.
• Must be punctual, reliable and maintain regular attendance in order to contribute individually to the efficient and effective delivery of transportation service to the general public.
• Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or General Education Diploma (GED)
• Valid B or C class driver’s license with a Z endorsement
• Clean Driver’s Abstract
• Valid passport
• Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs
• Superior customer service skills
• Flexibility to adapt to changing work schedule/shifts
• Must be willing to relocate
• Must be committed to Company Health and Safety
• Knowledge and previous experience of Motor Coach Service industry is a definite asset
• Proficiency in both official languages (English and French) is an asset
CLOSING DATE: On-going until positions are filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Attention: Human Resources Advisor
555 Oak Street East, North Bay, ON P1B 8L3
Fax: 705.475.5055 E-mail to: email@example.com
Job #ID 8483
Job Type Contact Us
Location North Bay