a) Socialize with members
b) Have a listening ear.
c) Be supportive.
d) Empower and motivate members for PEP activities and programs
e) Practice professional and personal boundaries
f) Excellent knowledge and understanding of confidentiality
g) Act in a professional manner
Attend daily programs and activities
h) Participate and or facilitate daily groups and activates offered in their work schedule
i) Keep program stats up to-date
j) Greeting and offering Membership to new members
k) Day to day in house activities (serving coffee..make sure place is clean and tidy)
l) Work independently with minimal supervision
m) Work as a part of a team and excellent communication skills with the volunteers, staff members, supervisor and Program Manager
Community Involvement /Training / Shift schedule
a) Willingness to attend any community events
b) Willingness to attend job related training/workshops and seminars provided by PEP
c) Willingness to take different shifts (i-e days/evenings/Nights, Saturday/Sunday-at PEP/Percy Place/PSN and or HSC )
– Lived experience in mental illness and/or addiction and demonstrated knowledge/skills working with individuals who are living with the effects of mental illness and/or addiction
– Post-secondary education in a related field or related work and academic experience.
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and/or as part of a team
– Excellent interpersonal/verbal/written communication skills
– Boundary-setting, sensitivity and awareness of the needs of those with acquired brain injury
– Working knowledge of community resources
– Ability to work shifts (days/early evenings/nights/weekends)
– Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle an asset
– Willingness to attend job related training/workshops/seminars.
– Criminal Reference Check required – vulnerable sector check
– Bilingualism an asset
Job #ID 8468
Job Type Contact Us
Location North Bay