• Be the primary source for financial information and financial controls advice relating to the assigned projects and be a financial resource person for the project group or team.
• Assist in the provision of accounting and cost management services including the compliance requirements that may affect or be affected by the project financials.
• Facilitate decision making at any level of the organization regarding project financial data and information.
• Contribute and deliver as a member of the Project Team while maintaining an independent review and presentation of project cost and progress (historical and forecasted). Financial review in the form of facilitation, coordination, review and documentation with the Project Manager and Project Team in any budget development or reforecast of cost and activities is required.
• Provide various types of management and financial reports, analysis and recommendations for use by Project Managers and senior management.
• Prepare and maintain working papers to support same. In order to meet the requirements of this position, the incumbent will be knowledgeable in all financial aspects of the project (work breakdown structures, budgets, commitments, expenditures, accruals, contracts, schedules and estimates to complete).
• Perform ongoing review of appropriate processes and procedures to influence and affect the accurate recording, generating and reporting of project actual, commitments and forecasts to complete. As a project progresses, this becomes increasingly more discretionary & involves reliance on understanding of cost reporting & control issues and methodology.
• Under the support of The Regional Manager and Accounting, this role will participate heavily in the development, implementation and institutionalizing of project cost accounting and cost management approaches, processes and practices.
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek
• Degree or diploma in a related field (Engineering, Business, Finance, Accounting).
• 1-3 years of progressive experience in a similar role.
• Knowledge of project accounting.
• Ability to educate and secure cooperation in the maintenance of appropriate process and financial controls.
• Must have analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
• Expertise in Microsoft office with a focus on Word and Excel.
• A motivated, self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
• Business acumen knowledge and critical business thinking skills to achieve assigned objectives.
• Well-developed consultative selling skills, as well as strong organizational and decision-making skills.
• Coaching and facilitating of project team and senior personnel regarding options and opportunities to advance cost accounting, cost management as related to this role.
• Solid understanding of systems, internal controls and processes.
• Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of financial data collection and report preparation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (internally and externally) and demonstrated ability to work with management and clients.
• Lead project controls and related project services on projects.
• Experience in preparation and implementation of detailed project resources histograms, change management, project tracking (cost and schedule) and forecasting.
Job #ID 7780
Job Type Contact Us
Location North Bay