- Repairs bandsaw, handsaw, and circular saw blades according to customer’s or manufacturer’s specifications, using handtools, machine tools, and welding equipment: Examines saw for defects.
- Cuts broken teeth from saw, using power shear.
- Forms teeth on saw blade by beveling joints on grinder and welding or brazing them together.
- Brazes or welds cracks in saw blades.
- Straightens twists and kinks in blades, using straightening press, and hammers out dents in blade on metal table.
- Adjusts cutting width of teeth, using swage or special pliers.
- Computes number and angle of teeth to produce specified cut.
- Clamps blade in saw-filing machine and turns handwheel to adjust distance between teeth, angle of bevel, and depth of cut of file or abrasive wheel.
- Starts machine that automatically grinds and files saw teeth.
- May be designated according to type of saw sharpened as Band-Saw Filer; Circular-Saw Filer.”
Job #ID 7660
Job Type Contact Us
Location South River