The Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision and management of client and family centered, evidence-based, efficient nursing care to individuals and families in their homes and community.
• Manages and coordinates care; evaluates health outcomes; educates, counsels and advocate for individuals to meet health goals
• Provides all levels of nursing care whether caring for stable clients with predictable outcomes or unpredictable outcomes and whose health needs are acute, complex and rapidly changing.
• Develops a care plan with the client and family or caregiver based on the nursing assessment.
• Incorporates discharge planning in to the care plan as required.
• Describes and documents nursing processes clearly, concisely, accurately and appropriately, according to regulatory and VON standards..
• Utilizes appropriate interviewing and communication skills to obtain information from the client, family, or caregiver.
• Evaluates client’s, family’s, or caregiver’s responses to care plan for the achievement of realistic client-centered outcomes and revises plan as required.
• Promotes involvement of client, family or caregiver in determining health and service needs..
• Reports and discusses client’s status on a regular basis with other members of the health care team.
• Documents rationale for referrals, increase and decrease in visits, and for discharge based on relevant, sound data and established guidelines.
• Refers clients to appropriate categories of nursing providers, support providers and to other disciplines utilizing established guidelines.
• Works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team and acts as a clinical resource and mentor for other care providers, staff and students.
• Promotes client-directed care, self-care and independence through teaching and health promotion.
• Utilizes adult learning principals and established teaching materials to provide health teaching to clients and families.
External and Internal Relationships:
• Engages regularly with clients, their families and caregivers. Provides education and support to engage clients and families in independence
Education, Designations and Experience:
• Must be Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Canadian Nurses Association certification in Community Health Nursing as asset
• For positions requiring expertise in a specific field of clinical practice additional degrees or certificates may be required.
• Clinical practice experience is an asset.
• Experience in community health an asset.
• Ability to observe and make effective assessment of clinical issues.
• Able to initiate and support health teaching, facilitation and development.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills that allow for effective engagement with clients, staff and the public.
• Strong Interpersonal relationship building skills.
• Ability to be independent with decision-making
• Ability to problem solve and to adapt nursing interventions as appropriate.
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
• The capacity to adhere to strict confidentially.
• Able to articulate effectively knowledge of components of quality and risk management principles as they relate to clinical practices.
• Effective time management skills that allow for the independent planning and organizing of daily work activity.
• A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
• A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
• Available to work flexible hours.
Job #ID VICTORIAN ORDER OF NURSES (VON)
Pay Rate Contact Us
Location North Bay
To apply for this job, please Book an Appointment