The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day operation of an established not for profit
business association in downtown North Bay, reporting to a volunteer board of directors and
various subcommittees. The Executive Director interacts with municipal staff and city councillors
provincial and federal government agencies, police, chamber of commerce, community
committees, social agencies and other community partners. The Executive Director along with
the committees of volunteers, develops, executes, monitors and reports on an array of plans,
activities and programs including:
● Annual budget
● Membership engagement
● Public consultation and participation
● Media, public and membership relations
● Marketing + promotion plan
● Safety programs
● Property and streetscape maintenance and reporting
● Beautification programs
● Business recruitment and retention programs and initiatives
● Policy development, review and reporting
Post secondary degree with concentration in Business Administration (Marketing,
Organizational Studies, Human Resources, Economics) and/or Community Planning.
● A minimum of one to five years management experience including
leadership/supervision of staff and volunteers, program development/evaluation,
strategic planning/goal setting, records management, finance administration, community
● Strong Interpersonal skills.
● Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational abilities.
● Excellent writing skills with a good understanding of the technical aspects of print
preparation and publication.
● Strong speaking and presentation skills.
● The ability to analyze and interpret government regulations and technical information
and to communicate the results to a broad audience.
● A proper understanding of the geographic, economic, political, social and cultural
differences that exists among the members of the DIA and other areas of North Bay.
● Ability to establish, communicate and maintain effective relationships with government,
downtown businesses, membership stakeholders and related Associations
● Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
● Proficient in current social media platforms and effective understanding of marketing
techniques and trends
● Knowledge of financial reporting, budgeting and financial management.
● The ability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, and weekends.
● A valid driver’s license, use of a reliable vehicle, and the willingness to travel.
● Experience in working with a Board of Directors
● Effective bilingual (English/French) communication skills, both verbal and written an
Main Areas of Responsibility
Involves correspondence, scheduling of meetings, preparation of agendas, minutes, reports,
proposals, working with committees, assignments from the Board of Directors, membership
services, planning (including business and marketing plans and similar duties as required),
database mailing lists, an annual general meeting (AGM) and special meetings coordination.
The primary responsibility of the Executive Director is to compile, edit, condense and process
information for distribution to its members and partners to build an advocacy voice of support for
its positions and initiatives.
Resource Information and Consultation
Provide resources to DIA members, government departments (municipal, provincial, federal),
developers, property owners, members of other DIAs and business associations, community
groups and agencies who regularly contact the DIA Office requesting information and/or
assistance on a fairly wide range of topics related to the DIA industry.
All financial management, liaison with DIA bookkeeper, auditors, financial reporting, and
budgeting, purchasing and related financial affairs are a direct responsibility of the Executive
Marketing and Maintenance
In Cooperation with the Marketing and Communication Coordinator, The Executive Director will
monitor the development, execution and evaluation of all advertising, promotion, and marketing
programs (includes print, online and social media) and provides assistance as required.
Job #ID 7999
Pay Rate Contact Us
Location North Bay
To apply for this job, please Book an Appointment