Canada-Ontario Job Grant provides an opportunity for employers to invest in their workforce, with help from the government.
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant will provide direct financial support to individual employers who wish to purchase training for their employees. It will be available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees, and:
- Employers can get up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- Employers with 100 or more employees need to contribute 1/2 of the training costs. Small employers with less than 100 employees need to contribute 1/6 of training costs.
- For employer groups who want to apply for training supports the government offers an COJG Consortium Stream. The Consortium Stream allows a group of employers (more than 2 employers) to pool their resources to support common training objectives and goals. To apply as a consortium, the intermediary organization needs to ensure all the participating employers and trainees meet COJG requirements, and are able to make their required contribution towards the training cost.
- The intermediary organization will be paid 15% of the approved COJG ministry contribution to cover the administrative cost related to the completion of the consortium application.
- The training has to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer.
Contact Yes Employment Services to discuss the possibilities
Funding provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada Job Grant Programs delivered by the Government of Ontario.