Looking for work can be difficult. At Yes Employment Services, our goal is to make the process easier by supporting you in your job search and preparing you for success in your career.
Here are some of the ways we can help:
Employment Consultants are job experts. They know the local labour market and the best practices for finding and applying to jobs.
When you book an appointment with a consultant, they will meet with you one-on-one to help you map out your job goals and create an action plan specific to your situation. They will give you feedback on your progress and walk you through any challenges you might experience. Book an appointment now.
New jobs become available every day. Many employers don’t advertise or post jobs online, preferring to get candidates through referrals. When employers send us job postings, we refer our clients first. To access the hidden job market, contact us. View job listings.
We hold workshops and certification courses regularly. These workshops are designed to help you strengthen your resume and advance your professional development. Some of the workshops we offer include:
- Linkedin Profile Workshop
- Computer Skills
- Financial Literacy
- Newcomer Financial Literacy
- WHMIS & Safety*
- Smart Serve 18+ *
- Food Safety*
- Service Excellence*
*Subject to a Participant Fee ($)
View our Events Calendar to find out more about upcoming workshops.
Resource and Information Centre
Job seekers are welcome to drop-in and use the free services at the Resource and Information Centre for all their job search needs. The centre is located on the main floor of the Yes Employment Services building at 149 Main Street East, North Bay.
At the Resource and Information Centre, you will find…
• Advice about and referral information to other community services
• Effective job search strategies including resume/cover letter preparation
• Matching of skills and interests with employment opportunities and employer needs
• Information about all Employment Ontario programs and services
• Employment, education and training opportunities
• Use of computers, fax machine, printer and photocopier
• Full time, part time and casual job postings
• One-on-one job search assistance
Yes Employment Services Resource and Information Centre, 149 Main Street East, North Bay
Monday 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m
Tuesday 8:30a.m. – 7:00p.m. (Open Late)
Wednesday 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m.
Thursday 9:00a.m. – 4:30p.m.
Friday 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m.
Services at Yes Employment are free and open to all ages (unless otherwise noted).