Save the Dates!! We are thrilled to announce the upcoming Diversity at Work Nipissing Summit 2023, scheduled to take place from November 14th to 16th, 2023. This three-day event promises to be an enriching and inspiring experience, and we want to ensure that you mark your calendars and save the dates.
Event Page: https://yesnorthbay.com/dawn-summit-2023/
Diversity at Work Nipissing
Yes Employment Services is here to assist newcomers from the start of their journey in the North Bay Area. The Diversity at Work Nipissing program strives to assist newcomers on their path from that first Canadian job to economic stability. To support the unique needs of every newcomer we offer individualized action plans for each person/family.
Diversity at Work Nipissing is a program that is also designed to support businesses with hiring and retaining newcomer talent with the following services: Workplace Cultural Diversity Training, Development of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Policies, Assistance with Posting Jobs, Interviewing and Hiring, Support for Employees on the Job, and Access to Long-Term Support and Guidance.
Diversity at Work Nipissing offers the following programs and services:
- Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC): Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) is a FREE government-funded language training program designed to assist immigrants in learning English with a focus on the four skills: Writing, Speaking, Reading and Listening. In addition to learning English language skills, students in the LINC program learn a great deal about Canadian culture with themes such as employment, education, banking, travel, transportation, and more.
- Settlement Services: We specialize in crafting personalized settlement plans and conducting orientation sessions on vital topics such as housing, employment, education, transportation, and more. Our team offers valuable assistance in filling out essential forms for Social Insurance Numbers, Ontario Health Insurance Plan cards, Child Tax Benefit, and various government programs. With an extensive network of referrals to other service providers, we ensure you receive the support you need. Embrace your new life in Canada with our dedicated assistance.
- Support with Credential Assessment
- Career Advice and Guidance
- Individual Job Search Assistance
- Canadian-Style Resumes and Cover Letters
- Interview Preparation
- Workplace Language Training
- Canadian Workplace Rights and Culture
- Job Placement
To determine your eligibility and learn more about how we can assist you, please don’t hesitate to contact our team. We welcome any inquiries and would be delighted to guide you through the eligibility requirements for our programs. Please reach out to us via phone, email, or visit our website to start your journey toward achieving your goals. We look forward to hearing from you.
149 Main Street East, North Bay, ON, P1B 1A9
E-mail: [email protected]
This project is funded by the Government of Canada