We are seeking a reliable individual that is passionate about the environment to assist with a one-day waste audit in November, which would be conducted during a week day. You will be responsible for auditing the garbage and recycling generated at a shopping centre in North Bay. The materials to be audited can include cans, plastics, cardboard, paper and other general waste. The Auditor will be responsible for opening the waste bags, taking photographs of the contents inside the bag and then disposing of the bags in the appropriate waste bins.
- Diploma or degree in Business, Environment, or related field
- Understanding of waste management practices is an asset
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Standing by the waste room for an approximate 8-hour shift and intercepting garbage/recycling bags from mall tenants
- Each bag will be opened from the top or ripped open from the side and a photo taken of the contents using your Smart Phone
- The bag will then be disposed in the proper bin which would be in close proximity to where your auditing station is located
- Upon completion of the audit, all photographs taken on your Smart Phone during the audit will be emailed to a designated contact
- Provide your own steel toe boots
- Additional personal protective equipment such as a reflective vest, disposable goggles, disposable coverall, disposable gloves, disposable mask, 2x 8’x10’ tarps (different colours) and a box of garbage bags are to be purchased by the Contractor. All of these items can be purchased from Canadian Tire and must be purchased before the contract start date. The cost for all of these items will be reimbursed to the Contractor.
- $30-$40 per hour based on experience and qualifications
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Position Reference ID: CDS 1888
Job #ID 0-8752
Pay Rate Contact Us
Location North Bay
Please call 705-476-3234 for employer contact information.